On 08/29/2011 09:59 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
WGs can and should apply discipline to make email the primary mode of
interacting, with occasional virtual meetings and even more occasional
physical meetings.  Just because there is a physical meeting doesn't
mean a WG should let issues pile up to be resolved there.

Well, that's the theory but it's been my experience that
more stuff is being resolved in meetings in recent years
rather than less stuff (also, more voting and less consensus).
I think that there's some relationship between this and
increasing meeting costs, etc., and that both may be tied
to the increasing "professionalization" (professional
standardizers) of the IETF over the past decade or so.

Melinda