On Aug 30, 2011, at 1:11 PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> Umm, wait. I'm confused.
>
> The boilerplate in existing documents points to 2119, right? and the updated
> boilerplate would point to this spec, if approved, right? so we're not
> retroactively changing the meaning of anything, right?
>
> What am I missing?

If 2119 were to be updated, that's how it should work.   If we're going to
retroactively clarify the meanings of the keywords, that should probably be
done on a per-document basis.  (here's what we really meant when we said SHOULD
in RFC XXXX...)

I think it's very premature to assume that 2119 will be updated.

Keith