Keith Moore <mo...@network-heretics.com> wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:48 PM, Fred Baker wrote:
>
>> I wonder if we would be better off discarding the concept of layers
>> of standards, call PS "Standards track", and instead specify a way
>> to report interoperability tests.
>
> +1.  Perhaps along with periodically updated applicability statements.

   This is a serious proposal...

   It has been a serious proposal ever since newtrk.

   Details differ, but really not significantly: some folks want to
update 2026 to do this; others want to do it first and decide later
whether to update 2026; others want to do it and let the IESG decide
whether to use it as input to deciding about advancing levels.

   Many distinctions; no real difference...

--
John Leslie <j...@jlc.net>