----- Original Message -----
From: "Templin, Fred L" <fred.l.temp...@boeing.com>
To: "Noel Chiappa" <j...@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>; <ietf@ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:54 PM

Not necessarily so.  I agree with you so far, but the question is, when John
contributes to this list as AD and then as individual, is that one identity or
two?  Arguably, it is two, each of which could have multiple identifiers.

Likewise, a host can be differentiated from the applications running on it, and
in a large server farm, the relationship can be m:n, so there is an application
identity, with multiple identifiers, which is distinct from a host identity,
with multiple identifiers.

Identity is a slippery thing and much of the discussion on RRG, which I
faithfully followed, seemed to me to be a lack of agreement on identity, not
about identifiers.

That said, no way is LISP a separation of Locator and ID:-)  It seems to me a
bit like countries which included 'Democratic' in their identifier, which always
make me want to see some proof that they were indeed democratic:-)

Tom Petch