On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Masataka Ohta
<mo...@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> wrote:
> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>
>> Sure, that's very common, but these devices are consumer electronics and
>> will get gradually replaced by IPv6-supporting boxes as time goes on.
>
> The problem is that IPv6 specification is still broken in
> several ways to be not operational that existing boxes must
> be replaced after the specification is fixed.
>
> The more serious problem is that IPv6 people in IETF do
> not admit IPv6 broken, which makes it impossible to fix
> IPv6.

Make a draft, gather your "supporters" and take that discussion on
6man wg. I'm sure there are people open to consider any arguments on
what's wrong/or not.

Either way, we're way passed changing any of the important parts of
IPv6. That has to be IPv6 v2 WITH backward compability to IPv6 (as we
currently know it).

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rog...@gmail.com          | - IPv6 is The Key!