Randy Bush writes:
>> Do you, or do you not, object to the proposed change that
>> changes the text from saying, "This space may be used just
>> as 1918 space" to "This space has limitations and cannot be
>> used as 1918 space"?
>
> what silliness.  it will be used as rfc 1918 space no matter
> what the document
> says.
>
> nine years ago i was in bologna and did a traceroute out.  i
> was surprised to find that the isp was using un-announced us
> military space as rfc 1918 space internal to their network.
>  this turns out to be common.
>
> any thought that this is not just adding to rfc 1918 is pure
> bs.

In that I completely agree with what Randy is saying, the point
that needs to be made is that this should not be officially
sanctioned as RFC-1918 space --  no manufacturer or programmer
should treat this netblock the same.

If some fly-by-night company chooses to use it on their own,
well, then they have chosen to operate outside the bounds of
the best-principles - exactly the same as in Randy's example.