Let's forget the religious discussion that seems to have broken out as a result
of this.

While Easter may be a major Christian festival, I don't believe the issue is
such (I can think of no reasons why Christians would have a doctrinal reason
other than those that apply to any other Sunday and those obligations could
mostly be met at the venue rather than at home). Rather it is Easter the
secular public holiday that happens to occur in many countries.

This is the set of days when schools take an extended break, parents take said
children off on short holidays; cheap air tickets cease to be available; when
you get on the plane, it is full of screaming children; local transport all
works to a reduced timetable; for those IETFers who end up wishing to travel by
train, they find themselves moving to busses to cater for the engineering works
which a 4 day weekend seems to encourage.

So my advice would be, change the dates if it looks like you are going to hold
the meeting in a country that takes such holidays, or where a significant
number of people would need to transit through such a country. If so you need
to take into account at least both the Friday and Monday in some countries.

Keith

P.S. Trying to avoid every religious and public holiday is an impossible task.
Do what other organizations have done and concentrate on the impact of such
holidays on holding the meeting in any location.