At 01:57 AM 4/29/2013, Dave Crocker wrote:
>including such things as interaction (in)sensitivities, group tone and style,
>and observable misbehaviors, all of which are likely to produce biasing
>results.

But in which direction?

The same thing could be said of pushing personal or cultural biases into the
interpretation of group tone, style, and taking offense at behaviors which one
culture might construe as offensive but for 50 other cultures is just the way
things work.

We have an IETF culture - like it or not.  It changes over time, as the
population changes.  We can't and shouldn't expect to be able to change it by
fiat, or to adopt as whole cloth a bias free culture (for some values of bias).

Mike