On May 1, 2013, at 5:00 PM, Scott Brim <s...@internet2.edu> wrote:
> Let's rename "last call" to
> something like "IETF review" and stop giving people the wrong
> expectations.  Review outside the WG is vital, can be done repeatedly,
> and must be done by the whole IETF at least once.

Yup.   The term "last call" is traditional, and I feel a bit of attachment to
it, but I think your observation here is exactly correct: we ought not to think
of the IETF last call as the end of the process.

However, that is a bit of a problem, because I think it's fairly rare for
documents to get additional "review" at last call time.   Changing the name
probably won't fix that.