It seems like this would be a good time for an update.  A few
comments:

. I think there are a few things that we've been taking for
  granted that everybody knows, because they did, but that
  may not longer be the case and consequently they should be
  made explicit.  One that really popped out at me while
  reading this is that we may need to be clearer that people
  are participating in the IETF as individuals and
  contributions are evaluated in that light

. I'd like to see some mention of consensus-seeking behavior;
  that is to say, we make decisions on the basis of rough
  consensus and so the goal of discussion should be to build
  consensus rather than to "win."

. I'm not 100% comfortable with the concept of "violating
  guidelines

. I think it was a good idea to remove text that could be
  discouraging to new participants.

Melinda