Jun,
You can find many of Bruce's presentations on XAS through this link.
http://bruceravel.github.io/XAS-Education/

Bruce also wrote a very nice Artemis user's guide. I would suggest you to take
a look.
https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Artemis/index.html

Good luck!

--

Regards,
Guanghui

At 2017-11-14 14:21:38, "Jun Ge" <gejun1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bruce

I'm a learner for XAS data analysis because of the need of scientific research.

I have been to SLAC in San Francisco three times last year and collected some
XAS data of samples and models in Beamline 7-3. This summer, I  began to learn
how to analyze these XAS data.

My professor used to use WinXAS to analyze data. But this time he asked me to
learn Athena.  He thinks use two different softwares can double check the
result.

After the data  pro-processing, including background  remove and data
normalization, etc., I save each spectrum in the form .txt.  However, in the
same energy range and same file of sample and models, the result  of LCF
performed by WinXAS and Athena was totally different! I try to solve this
problem for a long time but no progress was made. So I turn to you and Ressler
(the author of WinXAS) for help. I guess may be the algorithm is different
between your Athena with WinXAS, but I'm not sure. With great experience in XAS
data analysis, I think it's easy for you to solve this problem, isn't it?

By the way, I don't know how to fit the Coordination Number in another software
called Artemis in the software package of Demeter.  I was told by Artemis that
the coordination number can only be a number not alphabet. So I have no idea
how to do this (yeah, I'm really a noob orz). And I don't know how to set the
parameter more correctly to run a excellent Feff fit.  So could you please help
me?

Finally, I want to learn XAS data analysis systematically. So could you please
recommend me some references like books or papers?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and your precious time!

Sincerely,
Jun Ge