Dear Sree

it will be better to use ubuntu & windows together till everything on your
ubuntu starts working fine.


   1. empty any of your partition from windows.
   2. delete the empty partition using disk manager
   3. start installing ubuntu
   4. when it comes to partition editor select the options which says to use
   the available free space.
   5. At last it will ask you to install GRUB. Install it.

Now you will have ubuntu and windows both at time. you can select the
operating system you want at the time of bootup.

if you need more help feel free to ask.

regards

guru

2008/12/14 sree sree <[email protected]>

> Hello friends,I got a Cd of ubuntu from install fest. I would like to
> remove windows and use ubuntu. I'm totaly new to this subject and a common
> man. i,m afraid of some messages in this group. If I install it can i use
> properly with out error? I see so many error reports regarding this Cd.
> Please give me suggetions from expert side. I am waiting for your rreply.
> After that I have to install ubuntu and enjoy free software. Thank u.
> --
> Sree
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
"Freedom is the only law". 
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ilug-tvm" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]

For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page: 
http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to