Hi,

  I really don't mind a flame war on this one - The Matroska container
is way better than the Ogg container :P

  On a more serious note, the open source Matroska container format is
one that doesn't get the attention it deserves. I have to agree that
Ogg is slightly better for streaming. But Ogg was designed with the
Vorbis audio format in mind, and later tweaked to allow Theora video.
It is hard to make it play anything else. Matroska on the other hand,
is more or less future-proof - designed to handle almost anything. Its
other capabilities are also impressive. Don't take my word - see their
own intro : http://www.matroska.org/technical/whatis/index.html

Regards,
Gokul Das