Hi

$ nmap localhost

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-05-05 19:19 IST
Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
Host is up (0.00038s latency).
Other addresses for localhost (not scanned): 127.0.0.1
rDNS record for 127.0.0.1: localhost.localdomain
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
143/tcp open  imap

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.07 seconds

regards

Nataraj