I have to provide temporary Internet access to a location and dragging wires is not an option. Both Tata Indicom and Reliance claim to have really good Internet access through their wireless phones. I was wondering if anyone has tried both so i can get a comparative idea.
I just got a Tata Indicom fixed wireless phone and it has a serial cable , no usb available. I havent tried connecting through that yet, my laptop doesnt have a serial port ;) . The reliance web world also said their phones can get the serial cable but again no USB, USB cables are for the handheld phones only. Would a Serial->USB convertor work ?

Secondly what is the status of the Linux compatibility ? They both have their respective CDs with dialers, can we not skip those ?

- Ankur.