--- Akshay Lamba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm
> really not sure what he means by complete
> functionality is most
> challenging.

Perhaps the fact that a thin client needs something to
*connect* to.

Consider using existing capped web connections to do
data processing of all sorts - the minute you pay for
your last MB, you shut down your machine? Wow, awesome
solution - no viruses, no trojans and of course, no
productivity. But thats not a consideration AT ALL, is
it?

Gimme a break. Thin clients will remain a no-no till
India sees better connectivity. But that shouldn't
stop people from offering web based services which
take a fraction of the bandwidth a thin client would.
After all, you do your own processing and only
transmit/receive small amounts of data.

Viksit

> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 19:35 +0530, Frederick Noronha
> (FN) wrote:
> > >From HINDUSTAN TIMES
> > January 5, 2006
> >
> > GOOGLE MAY NOT GO SIMPUTER WAY
>
> > Industry analysts opine that Google has a rough
> road ahead. "Delivering
> > complete functionality in a thin-client is most
> challenging," Sameer
> > Kochhar CEO of Skotch told the Hindustan Times.
>
> Maybe we should invite the author to one of Sudev
> Sir's LTSP demo's.
>
> Akshay

> Archives at:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi

Viksit Gaur

viksit[dot]gaur[at]yale[dot]edu
http://viksit.com

Just because you have a mind like a hammer doesn't mean you should treat
everyone else like a nail - Terry Pratchett