I secondly agree to Kenneth, the environment in the list is not conducive.

People's attitude about small-2 questions being asked, HOWTOs, questions
about other linux distributions like SLES or RHEL are poorly treated to such
a level that, person, might not ask any question again after that... :(

lately i found even some person even strangely asked "How, Microsoft abused
its dominant position.." is related to linux ?

I am sure, there are more than dozens people in the list, who mostly replies
like ask Novell, ask Redhat, read the RTFM etc, instead of, if they don't
want to participate, if the topic not of much of their interest, just ignore
that.. don't provide such comments which could embarrass the sender.

What about people using devices such as digital camcorders or digital
cameras with linux? I am sure you can't discuss such things in ILUGD! There
are other GNU/Linux lists in the world where people do't hesitate to discuss
anything about GNU/Linux, no matter whatever directly or indireclty it is
related to GNU/Linux or FOSS.

I believe what we can discuss, what we can't, is this list only for Linux
OS, that too only like Debian? need to be properly defined at the ILUGD
website and if possible define a one liner in the bottom of every message.

Secondly we need to be more flexible in accepting emails of whatever type
relating to Open Source, GNU/LINUX, etc and remove the obligations such as
tagging the subject of the messages to [OT], [commercial], refrain sending
warnings to the OP.

Being a member of ILUGD fior more than 8 years, i know few of the people out
there and i keep on, i don't mind. But what about the newbies? :)

I believe yes, the online participation is decreasing, we need to be more
open and flexible to discuss a revolution in software such as Open Source or
GNU/Linux.

Regards
Yash