On Friday 18 Jan 2008, आशीष शुक्ल Ashish Shukla wrote:
> [snip]
> http://wiki.kandalaya.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/LoadBalancing
> Quoting from above URL:
> - ---->8---->8----Multiple routers
> If both your ISP modems are in router mode, you may have issues
> getting loadbalancing to work. This is because both the connections
> will be using the sameinterface (eth0). (Note that I'm using two
> interfaces, ppp0 and eth0, so Idon't face this problem)-
> ----8<----8<---- What issues one will experience, hmm...? I did some
> similar setup witheth0 connected to a hub, and both internet
> connections (PPPoE) terminating to ahub. And used following command
> to do setup a default route: ip r a nexthop via $gateway_1 nexthop
> via $gateway_2
> All I need is that interface "eth0" has two IPv4 addresses
> assignedcorresponding to networks of $gateway_1, and $gateway_2 .

Ah, I hadn't checked out that part of things and was under the
impression that load balancing won't work if you have a single
interface.  If you can confirm that you can do this with both modems in
router mode I'll update the document accordingly, thanks.

> BtW, did you ever get a chance to verify 'weight' assigned to
> networkroutes, hmm...?

Nope, haven't tried that.  Haven't even tried to download anything heavy
yet, just checked that it's possible.

Regards,

-- Raju
--