On 01/04/2008, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well according to the Restricted Drivers Manager, I have an "Intel
>  PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Card". lsmod seems shows the driver as
>  ipw3945 and I'm guessing that's the right one. Some web pages suggest
>  blacklisting ipw3945 and loading iw3945 instead and that doesn't seem
>  to work either.

Blacklisting in /etc/modprobe/blacklist will work only on next
boot....or you have to rmmod the driver.

>  In a nutshell, the card is an Intel 3945 and which is properly
>  identified and has the correct driver loaded. Yet iwconfig doesn't
>  show the card and network-admin doesn't give me an option to go
>  wireless.. Any help would be mucho mucho appreciated..

Yes some cards exhibit this behavior. You have the windows driver for
this card? Try using ndisgtk to load the windows driver. May be if you
bring this to the next LUG meeting we can try some suggestions...that
is if you can not get it working till then.

Sudev Barar