Well I think the following can help you out.

1) for having a guest account simply create a account with any name
(probably guest) that will never ask for password at login so you don't have
to tell the password to everyone (if u want that account to be for public
use)

2) for resetting home directories of users, you should put all your  files
(which u want to be there in the home directory at every login) at some
different place and write a small bash/perl script to place them in user's
home directory at every login after deleting whatever was there in user's
home directory.

Do let me know whether this was useful or useless.

Martin Anderson