On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Sagar Belure <sagar.bel...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Vivek Kapoor writes:
>> requirement.

>> updated
>> go
>>
>> > From what I have understood, you don't want every machine to download
>> > from the Ubuntu repositories, but only one machine should do the
>> > task. It'll handle 32bit and 64bit without any issues. Use one of the
>> > following
>>
>> > apt-proxy, apt-cacher, apt-cacher-ng, approx
>>
>> > I started with apt-cacher and faced update issues in long term use, so
>> > I moved to approx and was happy with it, but newer version presented a
>> > bit difficulty in the sense that it didn't run its own daemon. So I
>> > moved onto apt-cacher-ng which has been working well for quite some
>> > time now.
>>
>> I also used apt-cacher in past and it worked but recent versions had some
>> issues, so I kept the old version pinned on my Debian box.
>>
>> I also tried pkg-cacher[1] because I needed to cache for 'yum'
>> (fedora/centos)
>> also and it worked great since it can cache both 'yum' and 'apt'.

>> HTH
>>

> Thank you all for your responses.
> I got options to look into and your views and experience is really
> valuable.

'apt-cacher-ng' seems to fulfill my requirements.
BTW, is it ,by any chance, possible to set up 'repository-cache' server
combined for 32 as well as 64 bit systems.
apt-cacher-ng uses /var/cache/apt/archives as repository, and is obviously
different for 32 and 64 bit systems.

Any clue, to achieve combined repository?

--
Thanks,
Sagar Belure