I am agree with Robin on this count I rarely found this list useful and
worth to comment on. I barely know people at the list so no personal
comment.

A list normally should be known for its content and not for the people who
participate in it.

Guys I am  not leaving the list (because I think I am also responsible for
its bad content as I am a member and I should contribute) but its time to
think in a good direction :)

Please do not go for "Shoot the messenger policy" on this.

Thanks and Regards
Zareef Ahmed

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Robin Ladwal <robin_lad...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all
>

> After a long time of reading the mails shared on this list, I have finally
> decide to go off the list.
>

> When I found this Linux community in Delhi, I was so excited but I am very
> sorry to say this that I found it really disheartening that the people who
> oat to be Linux or community supportive can't even get rid of there personal
> egos.
>

> There were numerous expectations in ma mind when I joined this list but all
> are shattered. What I received in favour were an endless spam mails which
> are anyhow useless.
>

> I have been roaming around the forums and communities globally but I have
> never noticed such arrogant and supremacy complex in any of the community.
>

> I don't even know how you guys gonna take this mail but I would like to
> just advise to everyone here that BEFORE YOU SAY THAT YOU SUPPORT OPEN
> SOURCE, GET OFF YOUR EGO AND UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THE WORD
>
> "COMMUNITY".
>

> What I understood here is that most of persons here take Open Source as
> either of the following:
>

> 1. Tools to show how superior they are.
>
> 2. They know what other don't.
>
> 3. Open Source gonna make them bond or hacker (more sophisticated word).
>
> 4. Short-cut to make big bucks.
>
> 5. Boasting off.
>
> 6. Argumentation for egos
>
> 7. and many other depending on individuals
>
> Customizing somebody else's work does not mean at all that you support open
> source. Its about contributing to that work. Modifying Drupal or Joomla
> (just as examples) to build a website does not mean you contribute to open
> source this only means that you are lookin for your own interest.
>

> Its easy to list up all the work India did in past but did any body cared
> about present. We don't even have a single Linux flavour which can represent
> us globally.
>

> Big bonds on this list (I don't to mention their names, I guess they are
> smart enough to understand whom all I am referring) WAKE UP! you guys are
> not supporting open source, you are making it stink. Many of you don't even
> understand computer architecture. Some of them don't even understand what
> they are speaking. And some think they define boundaries.
>

> For all other guys who really working in the right direction, I would like
> to wish them good luck and all the best to get there good work going. We
> will be in touch for sure, may be somewhere else but this place really stink
> with the smell of dirty egos.
>

> It was all nice being here , now I would like to have your kind permission
> for a GOOD BYE!!!
>
> Thanks & Regards
> ---
> Robin Ladwal

> [...]