Raju Mathur said on Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 08:22:55PM +0530,:

 > On Monday 16 Aug 2010, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
 > > Whatever happened to the "moderate first pot" policy, which I
 > > believe, was in place for this list?
 >
 > Never.

I do have a vague recollection about complaints regarding "invites"
from dormant subscribers. IIRC moderating first port was suggested as
a measure to avoid mails rom such people who submit their entire
address book to mass mailing sites.

Not that I am bothered; I was just reminded of that exchange on
reading couple of flamebaits posted in last few hours.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com