Hi,

We had some discussions over Freed.in 2011/2012 during the last Geek Meetup
(http://lug-iitd.org/Geek_meetup_-_11_June_2011#Minutes_of_the_meeting) at
JNU. Prof. Andrew Lynn shared what work had been done till then. After the
meetup, the event planning wiki page was moved to LUG@IITD Wiki at
http://www.lug-iitd.org/Freed.in_2011/2012.

2011 is almost gone and I don't see much time left for this to happen this
year. Early 2012 (January or February) can be a very good time to have the
event. But in order to that, we must begin now as there will be huge array
of work to be done and loads of things to be taken care of like gathering
more people/volunteers for work, sponsorships, speakers, travel &
accommodation arrangements, publicity, etc. A probable place for the venue
seems to be JNU.

There is a lot to be discussed and done if we are ready to do this. And its
not required to state the fact again and again that not many big events from
the FOSS community have happened in the northern region and its time we have
one.

Guys please pour in your ideas! And mention if you are ready to volunteer.

Best regards,
Vaidik Kapoor
www.vaidikkapoor.info