On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Kartik Singhal <kartiksing...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2011 12:43 AM, "TANUJ" <free2talk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys
> >
> > It's been a while since I am using linux now. I wish to start developing
> > kernel modules. Could you please suggest some good resources for it?
> > I have the knowledge of architecture of operating systems, it's just I
> want
> > to explore the kernel further.
>
> Similar question from me too. Somebody suggested me kernel hacker Robert
> Love's book Linux Kernel Development to start with, I have ordered it after
> verifying that it presents the concepts in a comprehensible manner with
> such a new version of the kernel.
>
> Any other helpful resources suggested by community members will be a great
> help.

I have heard a presentation by Prof. D. Janakiram of IIT Madras, whose
group definitely has the hang of kernel programming [1]. This is an
NRC-FOSS project, so you might be able to get tutorial and other
information from them [2].

Andrew.

[1] http://dos.iitm.ac.in/djwebsite/projects/DIT/
[2] http://www.nrcfoss.org.in/s/IIT%20Madras