On 11/07/2012 03:38 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 07:38 AM, Sandeep wrote:
>>> Why not YATE, http://yate.null.ro/; Yate is modular, efficiently
>>> programmed in C++ from scratch and much more stable even the
>>> svn/development version works out from the box.
>>>
>> Well, I'll confess that this is the first time that I have heard about Yate.
> That makes two of us,
>
> having had a look around, it does not appear to have had any sort of
> code audit. I'd be keen on keeping an eye out for that ( or even
> instigating one )

Please do check: <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.yate/6082>

It is not a fork of Asterisk like the OpenPBX.org which eventually
turned into FreeSWICH; whereas the FreeSWITCH again is a completely
re-written alternative.

I do not intend to initiate a war; but am talking about FLOSS
(Free/Libre Open Source) alternatives; forget to mention the FreeSWITCH
in my earlier post, indeed.

IMHO, All these, the Asterisk, the FreeSWITCH and the Yate fulfill
difference design goals, but almost same functionality while one of
these might be more suitable for a particular scenario and, or environment.

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman
(http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)