    Venky> Hi, well Mr D.Venkatasubramanian, Noida aka Venky

    Venky>      was it really necessary to send the windows version of
    Venky> the "really sought after" utility to everyone subscribed to
    Venky> this list?

    Venky> Well, you could use md5sum command on Linux machines, I
    Venky> sent that utility as we use Windows as the primary
    Venky> development platform and I had that.

    Venky> I don't hate an OS just because it is commercial, Windows
    Venky> after all has a wonderful GUI, whereas Linux GUIs are more
    Venky> like a patched one. But Linux is a far more secure OS and
    Venky> Windows could never beat that. Fair enough.  Frankly, no
    Venky> one works for charity here, the amount of money put into
    Venky> softwares like GCC etc. are unimaginable. Anyways, the
    Venky> discussion about which is better can go on
    Venky> indefinitely. ;-)

Three things you could keep in mind:

1.  This is actualt a Linux-related list, so posting Winduhs binaries
isn't exactly policitally correct :)

2.  Don't post binaries to the list anyway, even if they're Linux.
Just send the URL or put it up for download or (in the worst case)
send it to me, I can put it up on the Linux-Delhi site.

3.  400K attachments are a PITA to download for most of us.

Oh, and finally and BTW:

4.  You're welcome to love or hate any OS you like.  No one is going
to make you sign a `I Hate MS' document in your blood when you join
the group.

Regards,

-- Raju
--