u have to make the linux partition as active partition. it can be done by 
entering in rescue mode using the 1st cd itself and then use fdisk.

Sunil Potluri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Hi 
     This is sunil.
   I'm a new user for Linux. I have some doubts regarding GRUB loader.
   I'm using Winxp as other OS. During installation of Linux 9 (Red Hat) I 
chose the option to install GRUB in Linux partition instead of chosing to 
install it in MBR. When the system reboots I don't see the options to selecte 
either Linux or Winxp, it defaults boots to Winxp.
   How can create grub.conf file?
   And one more thing. How can add/remove packages similar to add/remove 
windows programs.
   what is RPM.
    
   Sunil
 
 Send instant messages to your online friends http://in.messenger.yahoo.com 
 
 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
 
      

  -----------------------------------------------
 Next Meeting as on our Website: http://ilughyd.org.in
 ----------------------------------------------- 

           
      
---------------------------------
   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 
 
    
    Visit your group "ilughyd" on the web.
    
    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 
 
    
---------------------------------
 
 
     



href=http://becks007.blogspot.com
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/0XFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

-----------------------------------------------
Next Meeting as on our Website: http://ilughyd.org.in
----------------------------------------------- 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ilughyd/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to