>
> Well the distro I am using is Fedora 6 and the sound architecture is
>  ALSA and the test system uses Debian 3.1 with OSS as the sound
>  architecture.
>
>  The reason why I am asking the default audio device is that I can just
>  (probably) "cat" to the audio device in case ALSA or if play (or sox)
>  is not found.
>
>  I want to maintain portability across distros having different sound
>  architectures.

The reason I suggested 'default' as output device in sox command is,
sox should figure out output device itself irrespective of OSS or
ALSA. If sox couldn't figure it out, I wonder what can.

You didn't mention if you tried sox command on debian.

-- 
________________________________________

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/>M d- s++:+ a- C++(++++) ULBS++++$ P+++>$ L+++$ E+ W++
N++ O! M! V! PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP>+++ 5! X! R- !tv b++(+++) DI+++ D--
G-- e++>++++ h r+ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to