On Mar 23, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Brian Troisi wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2009, at 12:46 AM, almir...@prtc.net wrote:
>

>> hi:
>> i am setting an imac g5 for a friend. i did a firewire target disk
>> data migration from an imac g4.  now the g5 has no output sound.
>> instead of internal speakers, the only option is digital out, under
>> port it has built in audio. those are the only settings available for
>> this machine.i cannot control the output volume either.
>> this is an imac g5 , os 10.3.9, 1.8 ghz with 2 gb ram.
>> any ideas? i believe the output audio should say internal speakers.
>>
>> thanks inn advances
>
> Do you have Garageband installed? If so, open it up, select a loop or
> something and play it. I heard somewhere that this fixes the muted
> audio. Good luck!

brian:
this is not a case of a muted audio. i get the boot sound. the audio
shows as digital audio out. do you think this will help? could it be
that when i transfered the data from the imac g4- the one with the
speakers that look like the cube speakers, but are not usb- i got the
settings for this machine into the g5?  anybody seen this before?
thanks