Guys thanks.... and yes, J Carroll no thanks to you!

Jack : I havbe an A][, an LC475 running 7.5.3, a PB 1400 running 9.1, an
iMac G3 400 (not running!) an iMac G3 Flowerpowere 600 running 10.3....
still wondering if its worth the effort to upgrade to 10.4.11...? a G3
Pismo running 10.4.11, an iMac G4 (not running but down for future
attention!) and an MBP r/d 15" which I love but wish it had a biggerr SSD!

....so I think JC can see I am not for conversion - I have NEVER had to use
a PC except in helping to help friends whose PCs were having problems!

Thanks Jim - my Hifi is close by and its speajkers are around the room. Ill
try that before I get inside. If I turn the speaker sound out preference
off wiont that cut the scratchy cackle?

Thanks Julia - sadly that link - which I had not come accross before shows
none in stock. Good price tho and it might be valuable later, thanks

Bruce - "Lampshade...."? decidely not in my mind - it will go to landfill
before I stoop that that.... do you still have a Terak in the Uni? ;-)

Thanks List. Help appreciated!

Colin

On 5 May 2015 at 08:47, <imaclist@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>     imaclist@googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/imaclist/topics>
>   Google
> Groups
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
>   Topic digest
>  View all topics
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/imaclist/topics>
>
>    -  What do you use your (old) iMac for in 2015?
>    <#14d230b3b741b78d_group_thread_0> - 7 Updates
>
>   What do you use your (old) iMac for in 2015?
> <http://groups.google.com/group/imaclist/t/8b87c9641a74021a?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
>   Colin Yarwood <colin.yarw...@gmail.com>: May 04 08:21AM -0700
>
> Neil,
>
> I just bought a Flower Power G3 iMac in nice nick to take the place of an
> old blue iMac G3 older which stopped for no apparent treason years ago and
> was put into store.
>
> I pulled it out after getting a 475 and PB 1400 up and running but It just
> shows the switch light which only goes out if held for 6 secs + no other
> sign of life. Chaged PRAM battery for new but no change.
>
> I spoke to a friend who suggested I go and buy a new old one and I found
> the Flower Power. I have updated it to 10.3. My plan is to use it for all
> my music from LPs EPs 78s cassettes etc. Annoyingly the speakers are very
> scratchy.
>
> All the advice I read suggests iMac G3 is not an easy machine to engage in
> surgery on.
>
> Any thoughts on mending the Flowerpower speakers?
>
> Colin in UK
>

> On Friday, 20 February 2015 06:34:33 UTC, Robert Alpizar wrote:
>   Jim Scott <jesco...@gmail.com>: May 04 10:14AM -0700
>

> > All the advice I read suggests iMac G3 is not an easy machine to engage
> in surgery on.
>
> > Any thoughts on mending the Flowerpower speakers?
>
> > Colin in UK
>
> Speakers in slot-loading G3 iMacs tend to go bad because the flexible
> plastic/rubber material disintegrates. I stopped giving away G3 iMacs to
> kids about 18 months ago because I no longer could find good speakers.
> First-Gen iMac G3s are still in good shape, but don’t fit slot-loaders.
>
> However, you can still enjoy your flower power iMac if you use a pair of
> external speakers. Just make sure to disconnect the internal speakers so
> they don’t buzz, rattle and make scratchy noises as the metal centerpieces
> vibrate against the magnets.
>
> Jim Scott, Eureka, CA
>   Julia Brinckloe <jmbri...@gmail.com>: May 04 10:53AM -0700
>
> I've got two Flower Power iMac's and have replaced both sets of speakers.
> It's an easy fix--the speakers can be had online. Here's a tested used set:
> http://www.thebookyard.com/product.php?cPath=34_35&products_id=412

> [...]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.