Hi Bruce

It was looking good and I did hget there but you will remember I have
10.3.9 at present...

On the payback site it says:

"CCC 2.3 currently works on Tiger, however you must be running at least
10.4.2.  I am still working on an upgrade that will introduce many
long-awaited features. For now, clone away with version 2.3."

This more than suggests that I am still stuck!

I have a .pkg version of 10.4 universal on a FW disk and I have copied
Installer 1.4.4 to it.

Click on either and it brings up the X Installation but halts with a
warning that "the bill of materials for this package was not found"

Any ideas?

The 10.4 Universal pkg was found on a 10.5 upgrade Disk where 10.3 is also
found. I am loath to start installing 10.5 becasue at best I am told its no
faster than 10.4.11 which is my ultimate destination. I have the combo
ready to go from 10.4 to 10.4.11 ;-)

No terrible hurry - I only have 256 Memory - a Gb is due in the next few
days and Im sure Ill need a Gb for 10.4.11

Thoughts as ever welcome.... BTW do you live in Phoenix/Tempe area?

Colin

On 25 May 2015 at 08:49, <imaclist@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>     imaclist@googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/imaclist/topics>
>   Google
> Groups
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email/#!overview>
>   Topic digest
>  View all topics
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/imaclist/topics>
>
>    -  2001 iMac. Is this machine still useful?
>    <#14d8a0c580763b35_group_thread_0> - 1 Update
>    -  I get to buy a new computer! <#14d8a0c580763b35_group_thread_1> - 2
>    Updates
>
>   2001 iMac. Is this machine still useful?
> <http://groups.google.com/group/imaclist/t/81682492b78d4019?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
>   "Bruce Johnson" <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu>: May 24 05:25PM
>

> >> Thanks
>
> >> First the bad news - CCC : (the authors tell me) is not compat with
> 10.3.9 :-(
>
> > The current version isn't but there is a version that is, I used CCC a
> bunch with 10.3 and 10.4.
>
> The Wayback Machine is your friend:
>
> <
> https://web.archive.org/web/20060323223755/http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html
> >

> This is just one version chosen at random, but the download worked.
>   Back to top <#14d8a0c580763b35_digest_top>
>   I get to buy a new computer!
> <http://groups.google.com/group/imaclist/t/10f85146aadaa3ec?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
>   Colin Yarwood <colin.yarw...@gmail.com>: May 24 07:25AM -0700
>
> Bill
>
> OK so you want an iMac - a Desktop.... several of us can commend MacBook
> Air or Powerbook pros but if its to be a desk top there are some amazing
> deals around.
>
> Did you check out OWC? You mightvalso be wise to go to the Applestore on
> line and look at reforms - excellent value and top rated kit! Like New.
>
> I have a modern iMac with HDD and its been excellent.
>
> Fusion Drives are part HDD and part SSD - best of both worlds.
>
> Colin
>
> On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:09:21 PM UTC+1, Bill Spencer wrote:
>   Julia Brinckloe <jmbri...@gmail.com>: May 24 08:21AM -0700
>
> My workhorse is a Mac Mini I bought secondhand on eBay for around $500,
> fully loaded. It's a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 500 GB HD, now maxed out at
> 16GB RAM.
>
> I bought a 23" Acer flat screen and now have a sweet system running OSX
> 10.9.5. I've not yet done the free upgrade to Yosemite because I'm well
> satisfied with Maverick.
>
> One downside--no DVD drive and not enough USB ports. But I simply added a
> very slim DVD drive/burner and a USB/firewire external box. The whole thing
> is stacked and takes up VERY little space on my desk. I love it.
>
> Just my two cents.

> [...]

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.