Il giorno 24/06/16 07.09, "Russell Courtenay" ha scritto:

> Thanks for the response. Well, I checked and it is indeed GUID partition map.
> So any other ideas anybody?

I'd say you could try to reformat the drive anyway. Maybe there's some quirk
(unless you already formatted it yourself in the first place).

One question: the OSX you're trying to boot from the external, is a backup
of your iMac hard drive?
Or is it an OSX you installed onto it from a different source?

Oh, and is it the external HD just one partition, or has it more than one?

Il giorno 23/06/16 19.41, "Bruce  Johnson" ha scritto:

> Also, updating the RAM in that iMac is easy and IIRC they¹ll take up to 8 or
> 16gb. 2GB is marginal even for Snow Leopard.

According to Everymac.com, the Early 2008 iMac takes up to 6 GB Ram:
<http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-2-duo-2.8-24-inc
h-aluminum-early-2008-penryn-specs.html>

I personally tested such iMac with Snow Leopard and just 2 GB, and it can
slow down even on minor using (Firefox with many tabs open).
4 GB should be enough for most purposes, save for video editing, heavy
photoshopping or the like. I strongly recommend to upgrade to 4 GB at least.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.