Thanks for replying. I don't have the original software. I bought system
4.0 from ebay and installed it. In my haste, I installed over what was
there.  In hindsight, should have re-formated the disk and started from
scratch. I did reset the PRAM and had no effect. Tried to start in safe
mode and now it won't stay powered up. Worse yet I cannot find the system
software I purchased for this machine. I haven't got a clue what happened
to it. I am so frustrated because I am usually very careful with system
software and the install disk just wasn't in the box. I was able to run a
Data Rescue disk to boot from. It accessed system 9.2. but I lost use of
the cursor so I couldn't repair or reformat or do anything with the
software on the CD. Now I am getting the "bomb" when I boot from the Data
Rescue" cd. I am out of ideas. Even if I find the system software, at this
point, I am not sure I will be able to boot from the cd since I am now
getting the bomb.

On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 5:56:43 AM UTC-5, Deiniol ap Deiniol wrote:

> No Jack, she said she has a G4 iMac; that's the one with the guts in a
> hemisphere and the integral monitor on a stalk!  Also known as the flat
> panel iMac (or the Anglepoise!)
>
> I do have two of these, (which still work)  but unfortunately I do not
> know why she has been unable to upgrade it to 10.4 11. Possibly a firmware
> issue, although MacTracker does not list a firmware update.
> Patricia do you have the original 10.4 install disc? Doing a clean install
> from this disc may work? Possibly  a PRAM reset (using 4 fingers press down
> alt, command, p and r keys together before the 'BONG" sound when booting
> may help.
> I'm sure someone on this list may have more knowledge of this machine's
> foibles.
>
> Dan, (sent from my MacPro 3.1!)
>
> On 25 March 2018 at 23:40, Jack Suggs <jhs...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
>>  Patricia Lynch, you have a G3 iMac 'Snow', yes?
>>
>> --
>> <javascript:>
>> To leave this group, send email to imaclist+u...@googlegroups.com
>> <javascript:>
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/imaclist
>>
>> ---
>> "iMac Group" group.
>> email to imaclist+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.