HI all:

Can you tell me what error with my installation ?

I order following steps install my PIL , but final it was failture.

1、download and install the jpegsrc-6b.tar.gz from ijg.org
    fetch ...
    tar -zxf jpegsrc-6b.tar.gz
    cd jpeg-6b
    ./confgiure --prefix=/usr/local/jpeg-6b
    make
    make install
    ( In fact i make bin, man, man1 directoies manually)

2、download and install the PIL1.1.6 from
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm
    fetch...
    tar -zxf Imaging-1.1.6.tar.gz
    cd Imaging-1.1.6
    vi setup.py and change the jpeg_root value to /usr/local/jpeg-6b

    running  python setup.py build_ext -i
    that shows have supported the jpeg tip.
    went on running python setup.py install

All steps was successfuly not got any errors.

When i upload the JPEG fromat picture into Django 0.96 admin ,i got  the error:

decoder jpeg not available

/usr/local/python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/Image.py in _getdecoder, line
375

my system environment is:

Freebsd 6.2 , python2.5, Django0.96

Thanks !