Hi bbenyu,

I haven't been working with unixes for a while, but I suspect your
problem might be that you build shared version of libjpeg and
/usr/local/jpeg-6b/lib is not on your LDPATH (or whatever variable is
there for dynamic libraries search path). Try configuring libjpeg with
--disable-shared --enable-static.