At 6:53 AM -0400 5/10/07, Steve Holden wrote:
>Edmond Chand wrote:
>>  Hello Folks,
>>
>>  New to python and trying to make an text branding application to batch
>>  process Tif G4 images. Where do I start does anyone have anything similar
>>  they are working on, thanks for helping.
>>
>I used to have some code that I used to draw the text images for my web
>site if you think that might help - you just want to draw text over an
>image, right?
>
>If you check the docs for the Imagedraw module you'll find it's not that
>scary. I have never used TIFFs, though there's no real reason to suspect
>that they'll be significantly different from other formats.
>
>Let me know if you want me to dredge up the code.

Unfortunately PIL doesn't support TIFF Group 4 compressed images; this
is an increasingly common form of TIFF compression used for black and
white images such as faxes. I have tried to contact PIL commercial support
but don't know if they are still in business since have not gotten a reply.

which uses ctypes to access the FreeImage library. However it is incomplete
and does not yet offer all the features of FreeImagePy, and I don't think
it has anything like Imagedraw (please correct me if I'm wrong Michele).