Has anyone here worked with PythonMagick? There is no clear
documentation on how to get it working, no setup.py, and it looks
like some necessary modules are missing (the __init__.py refers to
modules that are not present).

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/api.php#python

Here are comments from a Perl developer who may decide not to switch
to Python because of lack of ImageMagick support.

http://sxoop.wordpress.com/2006/11/29/whither-pythonmagick/

Excerpt: "I want to give Python a chance. I really do. But things
don't look too promising on the ImageMagick front."

For my part, I need an ImageMagick capability that I have yet to find
elsewhere, namely the ability to rotate TIFF files with Group 4
compression, with no loss of compression.  If anyone has knows a
better way, I would appreciate hearing about it.