On Tuesday 22 May 2007 18:58, Brad Allen wrote:
> Has anyone here worked with PythonMagick? There is no clear
> documentation on how to get it working, no setup.py, and it looks
> like some necessary modules are missing (the __init__.py refers to
> modules that are not present).
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/script/api.php#python
>
> Here are comments from a Perl developer who may decide not to
> switch to Python because of lack of ImageMagick support.
>
> http://sxoop.wordpress.com/2006/11/29/whither-pythonmagick/
>
> Excerpt: "I want to give Python a chance. I really do. But things
> don't look too promising on the ImageMagick front."
>
> For my part, I need an ImageMagick capability that I have yet to
> find elsewhere, namely the ability to rotate TIFF files with Group
> 4 compression, with no loss of compression.  If anyone has knows a
> better way, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Hi ...
I managed to get it working once.

I am without a tre of it ehre now, but I remember that it sues a
python stuff for building that was supposed to do what autottools do.
You have to install that.

Just google for the names of the python  scripts you find in the base
dir. When you hist a package that is meant for building ups, install
that, and there you go.

        js
        -><-