Hi Nadav,

> There are several image processing function (including labeling) in
> numpy.numarray.nd_image package. You can find nd_image
> documentation in numarray-1.5.pdf (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/
> numpy/numarray-1.5.pdf?modtime=1133880381&big_mirror=0)

>> I'm trying to do object segmentation from image slices, and have
>> found the
>> matlab functions bwlabel and bwboundaries.  I haven't been able to
>> find a
>> python equivalent in the pylab, scipy, numpy, or Image modules,
>> nor has
>> google been fruitful.  Could somebody point me in the right
>> direction to
>> find equivalent functions if they exist?

Since I'm one of the maintainers, I'd like to point you to OpenCV,
the Open Computer Vision Library, that has a python wrapper
(including PIL and numpy adaptors). For object segmentation, you
might be better off to take a library that features a large set of
building blocks for issues like these.

http://sf.net/projects/opencvlibrary

Yours, Mark

Institut für Nachrichtentechnik, RWTH Aachen University
http://www.ient.rwth-aachen.de/cms/team/m_asbach