There's probably an easier way (like what you tried), but right click on the smtp32.exe file, go to properties, choose the version tab, and then choose "Product Version" from the values there.  It should be "9, 1, 0, dev_test" if it is 2006.1.

Note that Ipswitch has a funny naming convention where 2006.01 is earlier than 2006.1.  It would seem that they should maybe add a dot.

If it is really 2006.1, then maybe they have an old copy of the Webmail interface (if it is hard coded in there).

Matt

Goran Jovanovic wrote:

Hi,

I have been called in to do an “emergency” upgrade on an iMail 2006 server that I have seen only once before. It seems to be running 9.01 (according to the services menu in the administrator console) which I am assuming is iMail 2006.01. Now I have downloaded the upgrades IMail 2006.03, and .04 and .1 just in case. When I go to run any of these updates the first message I get is

Setup has determined that a later version is already installed. This setup installs an earlier version.

So I looked at the files and a lot of them are dated Dec 19, 2005 which makes me believe that I am right that they are running 9.01 / 2006.01

Is there another place to confirm from within IMail Administrator or should I just ignore the upgrade message and proceed?

Thank you

Goran Jovanovic

Omega Network Solutions