-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Chris
Terrebonne
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 10:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [IMail Forum] Wildcard third level domains and localhost
question...

Hi everyone.  I hope all of you are having happy holidays. Anywho...  I
am attempting something that I'm not even sure is possible.  I am trying
to get the nobody alias for a wildcard third level domain to capture any
message sent to that wildcard.
Let me explain...
I have a domain named MyDomain.com.  I set up the wildcard third level
mx record for that domain like so:

*.MyDomain.com.  IN  MX  10  mail

So that should cause mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] to be directed
to mail.MyDomain.com.  Ok, that part works great.

Then I created a nobody alias under mail.MyDomain.com to capture the
misdirected mail.  This doesn't work.  If I send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], the machine receives it, but bounced it with

Invalid final delivery userid: test@localhost

<shrug> Any idea on how I can get this to work?

Thanks,
Chris