On May 02, Matt Warnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately raising my max_allowed_packet to 8M, 16M and 32M
> didn't fix anything.

:-/
As a last note, my system is configured this way:
key_buffer              = 16M
max_allowed_packet      = 16M
thread_stack            = 128K
query_cache_limit       = 1048576
query_cache_size        = 16777216
query_cache_type        = 1

> I restarted mysql and verified the setting stuck:

Always managing the 'plot' list, right?  Did you get other "splitting"
warnings on other lists?
As said, the last resort is to set MAX_RECURSION to a lower value,
but some (many?) data will be missing.
I really can't think of any other possible cause of this behavior,
and I don't have other reports about it.

Thanks for your tests!
--
Davide Alberani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/