On May 03, Matt Warnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I figured it out.  My default table type was innodb.  I changed
> this in my.cnf to myisam and it fixed the problem.  Thanks for all
> your help!

Thanks to you for the tests!
To be honest, using InnoDB should be (much) slower, but I didn't
expected such problems...

Anyway, you can force the use of MyISAM tables even if the
server is set to InnoDB, with the latest imdbpy2sql.py, using
the --mysql-force-myisam argument.

Bye,
--
Davide Alberani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/