http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

> > However, I cannot seem to compile the cutils bit of the sql parser.
>
> You can always exclude it with --without-cutils
>
> > I have VS2010.
> > I tried setting the VS90COMNTOOLS variable to point to the tools directory
> > but mt.exe bombs with an error that it cannot locate the manifest file.
>
> Not sure about it.
> I have an environment with mingw32 installed, and then, in
> C:\Python27\Lib\distutils  I've put a distutils.cfg file like this:
> [build]
> compiler = mingw32

I went down that path but then you hit the whole --no-cygwin issue with the
latest MinGW release... :(

> (I'm sure you can specify it on the command line, but I'm lazy...)
>
> If you find a way to compile using VS2010 let me know.

In the end I uninstalled the 64bit Python setup, replacing it with the 32bit
edition then downloaded the binary on the webpage. So far so good, but hitting
problems trying to dump the IMDb data to SQL Server. I'll start another thread
for that.

However, has anyone managed to get IMDbPy working under Windows against 64bit
Python? What compiler version did you use?

Cheers,

Damien.