Davide Alberani <davide.alberani@...> writes:

> In this environment (Python 32 bit, MinGW), you can surely build IMDbPY
> without too much problems.
>
> Let us know if you find something useful.
>
> Thanks!

Um, nope, the build fails due to --mno-cygwin :(

http://bugs.python.org/issue12641

I tried it against the basic, 32bit Python 2.7.2 setup using the latest MinGW
release (GCC 4.6.2). I spent ages last night trying to work out the older
dependencies for a 4.5.2 MinGW GCC, but there's no quick and easy way of retro
installing an older version. I tried manually downloading TDM snapshots but
that
didn't really work as I missed some files.

Here's the output when trying to compile your latest version in git (as of last
night):

d:\install\IMDb\IMDbPY\alberanid-imdbpy-509b15b20f94>python27 setup.py install
Created locale for: en it tr.
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing requirements to IMDbPY.egg-info\requires.txt
writing IMDbPY.egg-info\PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to IMDbPY.egg-info\top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to IMDbPY.egg-info\dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'IMDbPY.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found anywhere in distributi
on
no previously-included directories found matching 'CVS'
no previously-included directories found matching '.svn'
no previously-included directories found matching '.hg'
warning: no previously-included files matching 'CVS' found anywhere in distribut
ion
warning: no previously-included files matching '.svn' found anywhere in distribu
tion
writing manifest file 'IMDbPY.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
installing library code to build\bdist.win32\egg
running install_lib
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'imdb.parser.sql.cutils' extension
C:\mingw\bin\gcc.exe -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Python27\include -IC:\Pytho
n27\PC -c imdb/parser/sql/cutils.c -o build\temp.win32-2.7\Release\imdb\parser\s
ql\cutils.o
cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-mno-cygwin'

  ERROR
  =====

  Aaargh!  An error!  An error!
  Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough.  It's all my fault!

  Anyway, if you were trying to build a package or install IMDbPY to your
  system, looks like we're unable to fetch or install some dependencies,
  or to compile the C module.

  The best solution is to resolve these dependencies (maybe you're
  not connected to Internet?) and/or install a C compiler.

  You may, however, go on without some optional pieces of IMDbPY;
  try re-running this script with the corresponding optional argument:

      --without-lxml        exclude lxml (speeds up 'http')
      --without-cutils      don't compile the C module (speeds up 'sql')
      --without-sqlobject   exclude SQLObject  (you need at least one of)
      --without-sqlalchemy  exclude SQLAlchemy (SQLObject or SQLAlchemy,)
                                               (if you want to access a )
                                               (local SQL database      )
      --without-sql         no access to SQL databases (implied if both
                            --without-sqlobject and --without-sqlalchemy
                            are used)

  Example:
      python ./setup.py --without-lxml --without-sql install

  The caught exception, is re-raise below:

Damien.