Unfortunately adding this line
k = k.replace('\xec\x8c\xa0', '') in the place you mentioned wont help.

Still same error on same place :(

SCANNING actor: Havel, Jir?
 * FLUSHING CharactersCache...
Traceback (most recent call last):
    self.flush()
  File "./imdbpy2sql.py", line 1195, in _toDB
    CURS.executemany(self.sqlstr, self.converter(l))
psycopg2.DataError: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc320

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com