On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Mikael Puhakka <mr.pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After I updated IMDBpy to 5.0-devel to conform the changes in IMDB's end and
> fix the search the movie titles started coming in Finnish, my local
> language. I would greatly prefer having the titles in English. I found the
> promising helper functions `akasLanguages` and `getAKAsInLanguage` in
> `imdb.helpers` but they yield in empty lists.

Hmm.. they are not perfect, and if the info is not there, there's not much
we can do.

> An IMDb instance does produce
> good data:
>
>     server.get_movie_akas(mov.getID())

You can also do: server.update(mov)

> I feel there is a little trick somewhere to skip AKA lookup. I do
> know IMDB nowadays force local names to unregistered users; can this be
> overridden with custom HTTP headers?

That's strange, because we already use the akas.imdb.com webserver,
and we are registered users (we send some cookies with each request,
see the README.adult doc).

I'll do some tests in the weekend, thanks for the report!

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/