On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Zhongjun Jin <mark...@umich.edu> wrote:

> However, when I tried sqlalchemy using the following command:
> python imdbpy2sql.py -d [imdb_file_directory] -o sqlalchemy -u
> 'mysql://user:password@localhost/imdb?charset=utf8&local_infile=1'

Hi,
that's probably another bug, recently spotted by others. :(

See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/imdbpy-users/b47oYFVGqeQ/9SJqkhh-BwAJ
for a possible fix.

It will take some time, but I hope to be able to fix all of this stuff.

By the way, you don't have to use a complete set of files downloaded from
IMDb to do some test: you can just leave movies.list.gz (or any other file) in
a directory, and use only that.
Another option to quickly test everything, is to copy the docs/goodies/reduce.sh
file in the directory with the complete .list.gz files, and run it to create a
sub-directory named 'partial' with only 10% of each file.

HTH,
--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x3845A3D4AC9B61AD]
http://www.mimante.net/