Hi Samat,

Sorry, you must have misread my intent.
I totally agree that hiking the park is not only 'better' buy more fun,
especially for a PotW.
I have just put so many topics in to one email.
I do think some things are 'necessary' to import. Like Park boundaries,
though there is always discussion on the accuracy and how 'good' those are
too. Hrm :-/

I would love for National Parks week to be a "hands on, hike with your
GPS, take your kid/boyscout/girlscout out and explore event'. Who can help
coordinate?

Hurricane

>
>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:33:28 -0700
>From: Samat K Jain <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Cc: "Coast, Hurricane" <[email protected]>,
>    "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [Imports] [Talk-us] Imports, trails, POIs for National
>    Parks
>Message-ID: <[email protected]>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>On Tuesday, February 15, 2011 05:23:28 PM Coast, Hurricane wrote:
>> Any suggestions on where to look for other users interested in this, or
>>free and open data import sites, all information will be helpful.
>
>IMHO, it's a _very_ bad idea to suggest doing imports as a PotM?
>
>Perhaps, for National Park Week, something about carrying a GPS/using a
>smartphone as a GPS and creating GPS track for whatever someone hikes?
>More than likely, such tracks will be more accurate than imported data
>(which in my experience, varies).
>
>-


_______________________________________________
Imports mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/imports

Reply via email to